What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tuesday May 2 2006 Chatham Path and the American Women's Association

I took a new route up to the Peak this morning – Chatham Path. It was a little longer, but not as steep. If you were feeling really energetic you could almost run it, but I didn’t and it was plenty aerobic just walking. I jogged the path at the top as usual. It was a clear day down where we live, but the Peak was wreathed in clouds. Its really strange. Thank goodness we don’t live up there. Its fun to go up and jog there, but I would hate it day after day. It would be like living in a cool steam bath.

After that I got myself ready for an outing (which as usual takes ten times as long as I think it should) and went over to the American Women’s Club. A very nice lady told me all about it and I joined on the spot. Meet people! Book Clubs! Travel! Hong Kong outings! I’m in! I’m going to sign up for several things right now. There’s a new comer’s group, but I would miss the last meeting because of the wedding so I’m going to go to the one in June instead. There are “chats” (REAL ones, not online!) every Thursday morning. I can’t go to the one this week because of the IKEA delivery, but I’ll go next week. And yes, I’m going to join the book club. Some of the stuff they do is all over Hong Kong island. I have a feeling that either I’m going to learn the buses or start using more taxis.

After that I went to another fancy mall that I haven’t been to before. The women’s club gave me a bunch of literature about Hong Kong and one thing they had were the prices in different stores. I’ve been assuming that the prices in the fancy malls are outrageous, like they would be in the US, but I don’t know that for a fact. The clothes are so enticing, eventually I’m going to break down and go into one, and then, heaven help us. The women’s club goes on shopping expeditions too. I’m not particularly interested in buying Chinese plates, but I’m sure they’ll be one for handbags eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment