What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 26 2006 - Hazy

It’s hazy outside. It’s been hazy for the past 3 days. It looks like LA on a bad day, but at least it’s not yellow. The sky and all the distances are white. It’s hot out (33 degrees Celsius) but you can’t see the sun. All my beautiful views of Kowloon and downtown have disappeared. When I went to Mahjong today the ocean blended into the sky, and the little islands looked like grey lumps.

I was assuming that this was some horrible polluted air descending on us from China, but apparently its not. The paper says there’s a tropical storm northwest of here, and that the pollution levels are relatively low. It says its “hazy” but it doesn’t say why. The Hong Kong Observatory website says that it’s going to rain in the next day or so, and then the sun will appear again. I guess this is just another aspect of Hong Kong summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment