What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Thursday, July 28, 2011

St. Louis Airport April 2nd 2006

Well here I am in the St. Louis airport. Its 8:26 AM, CDT, my flight is on time, as far as I know, although there’s no airplane at the gate yet. The thunderstorms came through a little earlier than they thought – around 5:30 this morning, which is good I think; although they did strange things to my dreams…I won’t even go there.

Know what the weight limit is for a single suitcase for international flights? 70 lbs. Guess how much my large suitcase weighed? 70 lbs! The guy at the ticket counter was impressed, and so was I. I was impressed that I could get the damn thing into the airport from my mother’s car. While she whimpered and moaned in sympathy (“mother, you are NOT helping!”) I hefted it into the car and then yanked it back out. It rolls, so walking with it wasn’t a problem – as soon as I got it started gravity took over.

Guess who called me last night? Miss Hilde “green boots” Kaiser! We’d never talked on the phone before, and it was great to hear her voice. She does NOT have a southern accent or a western one as far as I can tell. Hilde, how did Ali end up choosing Trinity? Do you have a Texas connection of any kind?

Hilde and I are going to write our own rap song – “Its Hard Out There for a Mom”.

I wonder what movies will be on the Cathay Pacific flight? I’m still dieing to see Crash. I know Rent is playing or at least it was a month ago, because Lee watched it when he went over. He didn’t think it was that good, but I might watch it just out of curiosity.

My husband is EXTREMELY impatient to see me. Last night because of the potential for bad weather in St. Louis this morning he called with about 5 different alternate flight plans, but in the end we decided to just hang tight and hope that everything works out.

Oh goodie, an airplane. Things are proceeding.

Lee received the Global Priority envelope I mailed. It really did take a little less than a week to get there. He also received our invitation to the wedding in May. However, there was a little surprise in the envelope, a little present from the IRS that I had somehow overlooked. They think we owe them, get this, over $36,000 on our 2004 taxes! I vaguely remember seeing something from the IRS but I don’t think I even looked at it. We have to call them because our supporting documentation is on a boat! Obviously it’s incorrect – Lee said they’re counting our capital gains twice. It’s a computer glitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment