What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Friday, July 29, 2011

July 11 2006 - The Bird Market

I took Daniel to the flower market today. We got some really beautiful flowers – a dozen yellow roses, a dozen pink and yellow carnations, a dozen pink and white tulips, a huge bunch of eucalyptus, and some baby’s breath, all for $105 HK ($25 US).  I have three beautiful bouquets of flowers in the apartment now.

Right around the corner from the flower market is the bird market. In my many trips to the flower market I’ve never made that right hand turn into the bird market, but Daniel was game, so in we went. Wow! Weird! Bamboo cages, hundreds of birds. Wrens, warblers, parrots, parakeets…and birds you wouldn’t expect to see either, crow-like birds, oriole-looking birds. People sitting around with their birds, visiting. LOUD birds, tourists snapping pictures left and right. The birds were in some cases very beautiful but the overall effect was down-right creepy. Daniel said his first thought was of Alfred Hitchcock! I felt like I shouldn’t breathe too deeply just in case there were any dread diseases lurking around.

But now I’ve seen another amazing Hong Kong sight, and I’ve got another place to drag our visitors to!

No comments:

Post a Comment