What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Friday, July 29, 2011

July 12 2006 - Shek O Village with the AWA and Daniel

Daniel and I went on an AWA tour to the little village of Shek O today. We rode the MTR north on Hong Kong Island and then took bus number 9 to the village. The bus was one of the big double deckers, so of course we rode on top. On the way back we even got to sit in the front! I couldn’t help but worry about Daniel’s often queasy tummy on those twisty mountain roads, but he did fine.

After a series of spectacular views from the bus windows, we slowly made our way down the mountain to the little village of Shek O. Shek O is a cute little seaside fishing village, with typical open air restaurants over-looking the water. The sun was out in Hong Kong today in force, which made for absolutely beautiful views, and extremely hot weather, so we didn’t do a lot of walking around. The beach was just beautiful though. We could have easily been in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean, except for the Chinese characters on all the signs and of course the people!

It was a great beach though. I want to go back on another sunny day with Lee, rent a beach chair and an umbrella and just hang out.

My son was a peach and a great companion on this venture. Here he was with a dozen AWA ladies, all making much of him and talking about THEIR kids, but he took it all in stride, taking pictures and eating Singapore noodles with the best of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment