What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunday August 17 2008 Equestrian Olympics Day 3


We FINALLY got things fixed so that we can watch the Olympics locally on TV. We needed a cable, which we bought yesterday, but still couldn’t get any reception. So Lee said “maybe there’s something wrong with the connection in our apartment” so we called the building management and they sent up a technician to and play with things. Fun! Now we can watch on one station and get the Cantonese version of the Olympics, and on another station and get the "British" version. They show different things, and what they show is different from what you see in the US. 

Then last night we went to the Olympics again. This was the second dressage competition. The top 25 riders from the first dressage competition, the Grand Prix, compete in the second one, the Grand Prix Special, which is a harder dressage test. Then the top 15 riders from last night compete in the final dressage competition which is freestyle. We stayed until around 11 PM last
night; long enough to see the two American riders compete. When we left one of the Americans was in first place but I just checked the scores and now he's in 4th. The Germans, Australians and Dutch really dominate the equestrian events. They are the ones with the best crazy
clothing in the stands too!

It’s been so great to go to these events. I've got two more nights to go, both show-jumping, including the show-jumping finals. I’m not sure how late I will stay Monday night, but I’m telling myself on Thursday night I’m staying for the whole thing! It’s the last night so I want to see the medalists and the victory celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment