What This Is




When I lived in Hong Kong I started blogging. I used Yahoo 360, which no longer exists. Fortunately I saved all my blog posts to my computer. So, I've finally recreating my blog. No pictures, just writing, but lots of it, from our three years living in Asia. Lots of interesting stories (at least to me!)...if you want to find out what we're doing now, check out my current blog. If you want to read about life in Hong Kong from 2006-2009 start reading below!


Monday, August 1, 2011

March 20 2008 Hong Kong Flower Show Victoria Park and Central Prison Exhibit


Check out my Flickr website this week. I just added two sets, one of photos of the sculptural and architectural exhibit that just closed in the old prison in Central, and one of the Olympic-themed Hong Kong Flower Show in Victoria Park. They were two very different displays. One, the prison exhibit, was eclectic, kind of funky, and odd, with displays created in the cells, rooms and buildings of the old prison. The other was a very popular, HUGE, family-oriented display in one of the largest parks in Hong Kong. It was kind of cheesy because of the Olympic theme, but flowers are always beautiful and I got a kick out the flower sculptures of horses and athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment